Before attempting to operate Jetsurf for the first time, read the manual and pay special attention to the warnings and disclaimers. Most injuries can be avoided by using proper technique when learning.
How to use Jetsurf
– Put the key into the handle and the board will start after 5 seconds.
– Go on your knee and put the front foot in the front foot strap.
– Once feel comfortable, put the rear foot into the rear strap. – Balance your body weight, by helping with the handle and stand up.
How to mis Jetsurf fuel
A 2-stoke engine is powering the Jetsurf. To prevent damaging your engine, you always need to mix petero with oil in 50 to 1 ratio (50 units of petrol and 1 unit of oil).
Example: to 52l of fuel add 0,04l/0.4dcl/40ml of oil
How to remove water from Jetsurf flooded engine
– Unplug and remove the spark plug.
– Tilt the Jetsurf towards the spark plug opening down (its head engine).
– When the spark plug screwed out, start turning the shaft with your hand. While turning the shaft, you should see water coming out head engine. Continue until water stops coming out.
– When water stops coming out of the engine head, place and keep the key on the indicator, near the engine area.
When the shut-off key is placed, the starter starts turning without ignition on the spark plug. Continue turning the engine until only fuel is splashing out of the spark plug opening (fuel and water form a white emulsion).
How to remove Jetsurf fuel tank
– Disconnect the second CPC coupling connecting the tube coming out of the tank to the tube going to the injector. The CPC coupling has a security clip which must be pressed when disconnected.
– Disconnect the fuel pump connector.
– Undo the velcro on the tank.
– Move the tank out upwards.
– Disconnect the hose on the other side of the tank, leading to the suction hose.
How to charge Jetsurf battery
– Plug your battery charger to the electrical outlet and Jetsurf ICU. (Located in the eFoil bag).
– Select LiPo battery type.
– Choose charging mode (normally standard)
– Select “3S” battery cells, and up to 5A battery current.
– Best practice for battery life is to slowly charge the battery (ex. 2A)
– For safety purposes, you always need to be near the battery, while it is taking charge
How to start the Jetsurf engine
– Insert the engine shut-off key in the engine shut-off switch placed on the upper part of the control handle for minimum 4 seconds then take the key out to activate ICU and other accessories
– Insert the key in the engine shut-off again. After 3 seconds the engine starts independent of the throttle.
*The running engine can be switched off by pulling the key out of the engine shut-off switch.
The JetSurf board is a state-of-the-art watercraft and just like any other machine, it requires some level of maintenance.
It is essential that your Jetsurf be serviced as per the ‘Maintenance schedule’ to retain its high level of performance, safety, reliability, and warranty.
– Use only quality gas with Octane number 91 and up
– Use only two-stroke full synthetic oil
– Rinse the board after every salt water use
– Change the spark plug every 10 hours of cruising (gap between the electrodes of the spark plug should be 0.7-0.8mm)
– Charge the ICU to keep the required voltage
– Lubricate the freewheel with the freewheel grease
– Maintaining a top layer of quality wax on the surface of the motorised power board is crucial for keeping of the original high gloss surface for years to come. Use only high quality wax, such as carnauba wax.
– Check the technical equipment of the engine compartment regularly in order to prevent bigger dam- age to the power board.
– Your Jetsurf needs to be serviced at least once per year.
Before riding maintenance
– Attach all the fins.
– Set the straps
– Charge the battery in the ICU
– Top up the fuel
– Check the tubes of the cooling system and all the connections and tubes
– Check whether all the connectors are connected
– Check the spark plug boot, check the spark plug, check the spark plug boot holder (safety spring) so that boot can’t get loose while riding
– Check the throttle control and fuel system
– Spray thoroughly all the engine parts with MOTOREX INTACT MX 50 oil
– Start the engine, check the engine operation and throttle control; MAXIMUM FOR 10 seconds!!!
– Check the bilge pump
– Apply the grease in the exhaust silencer
Post ride maintenance
– Tilt the JetSurf and pour the water out of it
– Start the JetSurf with its tip up, MAXIMUM FOR 10 seconds!!!
– Wash the whole JetSurfTM with fresh water, including the engine compartment, then let the engine run for about 5 seconds (MAXIMUM FOR 10 seconds)
– Let the JetSurf dry
– Spray all the engine parts thoroughly with MOTOREX INTACT MX 50 oil
– Charge the ICU battery
– Store your JetSurf with the open engine cover
– If the break is longer than one week, it is necessary to perform other tasks. Do not underestimate these steps. Keep in mind that if you look after the JetSurf properly, you will increase the life of all its parts.
– For at least 3 days always start the engine and accelerate several times.
– Take the fuel tank out of the board. Pour all fuel out of the fuel tank and clean it thoroughly. Never store the Jetsurf with fuel in the tank.
– Always once in every 6 months, grease all the engine parts with MOTOREX INTACT MX 50 spray.
– In winter or when JetSurf is not used, it is necessary to charge the battery in ICU at least once in every 3 months.
– Check grease in the freewheell.
If you’re having an issue with your Jetsurf board, you may be able to find out what’s wrong using the process of elimination. Make a list of things that could be causing the problem and then test them out one by one to eliminate them. Once you’ve identified the source of your issue, it will be easier to find a solution.
Jetsurf does not start, the engine turns
– Check if the water came inside the engine. Clean the spark plug and the engine.
– Possible cause: too much fuel in the engine. Clean the spark plug and replace carburetor.
– Check if you have enough fuel.
– Try replacing the spark plug, as it might be defective.
– If spark plug sparks after the engine shut-off key is pulled out, the timing sensor has failed
Jetsurf does not start, the engine does not turn, the ICU does not flash
– Check if you have a low battery and recharge if necessary.
– Check and clean contacts on the cables of the remote control handle.
– Check if relay in the control handle detect the engine shut-off key and clean the contacts.
– Check if ICU cables are damaged.
Jetsurf does not start, the engine does not turn, the ICU flashes
– Starter might be burnt
– Possible engine jam
– Possible stuck jet pump
I can not charge the battery
If you don’y charge the battery regullary, it will run flat.
You can try to revive the battery by following procedure:
– ideally remove the ICU from the jetsurf
– select NiMh battery on the charger
– set current on low amperage (0.1A)
– set battery cell to 1s
– start charging to lift the battery voltage to 11.6V
– after reaching enough voltage, change the recommended charging procedure
* for safety purposes you need to be always near the battery while it is charging. You are making procedure on you own risk.